[OpenLayers-Dev] 2.12.md/github issues

Roald de Wit list at rdewit.net
Wed Mar 14 21:08:59 EDT 2012

Hi list,

Some comments/questions WRT the (to be released) release notes for 2.12:

  * They don't contain references to issues/pull requests any more
    [1][2], making it sometimes hard to find out where changes occurred.
    In my case, I wanted to find out where the new Tile changes (with
    queue etc) occurred to find out why issue #322 [3] happened. I still
    don't know where/when those Tile changes happened.
    Is it possible to add references where relevant?
  * The notes are missing the vector label outline (ie. halo) changes.
    Could they be added please? (@aabt?). Are there any more relevant
    changes in 2.12 that are not in this file?

When issues were reported in trac, I could easily keep track of them,
but github does not seem to allow for always emailing issues/pull
requests for non-members of a project (viewing it is not enough
apparently). Is there any of hooking into those issues/pull request and
receive emails like we have with trac now?

Thanks,

Roald

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/openlayers/wiki/Release/2.11/Notes
[2] https://github.com/openlayers/openlayers/blob/2.12/notes/2.12.md