[OpenLayers-Dev] Re: OpenLayers 2.11 loading layer data regardless of maxResolution

Ruben Schoenefeld rschoenefeld at utah.gov
Wed May 9 19:02:18 EDT 2012

erilem wrote

> Thanks for the examples and detailed explanations.
>
> I think the problem was introduced by [*}. With this commit the BBOX
> strategy listens to "visibilitychanged" on the layer and
> unconditionally updates the layer when this event is triggered. So if
> the layer is invisible and out-of-range, when it's made visible the
> strategy updates the layer even though it's out of range. It would be
> good to have someone write a patch for that.
>
> [*]
> <https://github.com/openlayers/openlayers/commit/afb80bfe4899e9ffd3962bd0adcc82019647717d>
>

> --
> Eric Lemoine
>
> Camptocamp France SAS
> Savoie Technolac, BP 352
> 73377 Le Bourget du Lac, Cedex
>
> Tel : 00 33 4 79 44 44 96
> Mail : eric.lemoine@
> http://www.camptocamp.com

Hi Eric -

Great that you were able to track it down to that particular change. How
does one go about getting someone to write a patch for it? Would you say
that OpenLayers 2.11 is actually doing something wrong or am I interpreting
it wrong or using it wrong? I just went to the OpenLayers page and found a
way to submit a ticket, after signing up. Is that something I should be
doing or might somebody already look into this based on the mailing list
exchange on this topic?

Thanks.
Ruben