[OpenLayers-Dev] Fixed strategy is now working

Shadin shadin__a at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 11 10:20:33 PDT 2012

I was asking this question in many places but never get an answer! So I am
wondering if this is a bug or somethings broken..

I would like to load all layer features at once, but if I set strategies to
[new OpenLayers.Strategy.Fixed({preload: true})]

I get the right response in firebug, but nothing is shown on the map.
I am using vector layer with WFS protocol
GeoServer 2.1.2

has anyone tried it ?
Note that the BBOX strategy works fine.

here is my layer :

vLayer = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("Test", {

    styleMap: new OpenLayers.StyleMap({
        "default": style
    }),
      maxExtent: new OpenLayers.Bounds(-180, -90, 180,
90).transform(geographic,mercator),
      sphericalMercator: true,
      protocol:  new OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS({
      url: 'http://myDomain/geoserver/wfs',
      featureType: "Layer_1",
      featureNS: "http://mapmap.org",
      srsName: "EPSG:3857",