[OpenLayers-Dev] Google layer Map Data display

Peter Robins openlayers at peterrobins.co.uk
Fri Sep 7 02:32:54 PDT 2012

On 6 September 2012 17:29, Jason Lee <jaslee.st at gmail.com> wrote:
> ...clicking on the link a popup showing the list of data providers displays
> in the centre of the map, which is neat and great space saving idea ...BUT,
> as I pan around the map, the list "Map Data" link changes to the list of
> data providers along the attribution bar rather than on a popup.
>
> I'd like to know if this is by design? I would have thought that the "Map
> Data" link displays constantly and the list of data providers which changes
> only shows in the popup, no?...

this is as provided by Google. Google's script checks whether the
attribution fits in one line; if not, it creates the popup link. OL's
Google layer is basically just a wrapper around Google's code, and
simply displays what Google's api provides (as required by the terms
of use).

As you say, a good idea, and one that could usefully be incorporated
in OL's own attribution field.