[OpenLayers-Dev] matchCase in openlayers.filter does not work for case-insensitive

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Wed Apr 17 14:19:12 PDT 2013

I think this belongs on the users list not the dev list (it doesnt
pertain to developing openlayers itself, only using openlayers).

However, that said, your code look very much like mine. I am using
postGIS and arcSDE rather than shapefile but it works. Have you used the
NET tab in your debugger (firebug?) to look at the POST data that it
generates? It can sometime be easier to sort problems by using a rest
client to fiddle with the POST data directly (referencing geoserver
documentation) and work backwards when working. If the post data looks
fine but doesnt work, then try going to the geoserver user list. Include
the non-working POST data in your message and see if someone there can help.

I would also say, that if you shapefiles are large, then filtering on
atttribute is slow. With shapefiles, the filter has to do a full-table
scan. If attribute filtering is important and files large, then consider
moving to likes of PostGIS instead.

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential.
If received in error please destroy and immediately notify us.
Do not copy or disclose the contents.