[OpenLayers-Dev] OL3, adding mapguide source

Tom Payne tom.payne at camptocamp.com
Thu Apr 18 12:56:37 PDT 2013

Hi David,

In case you don't want to ask on the ol3-dev list, a quick answer is that
ol3 works in resolutions (map units per pixel, e.g. meters per pixel or
degrees per pixel). You should be able to directly use this value for the
MapGuide source.

A couple of comments:
- scale is 1/resolution, but, from my understanding of reading the MapGuide
specs, the SETVIEWSCALE parameter has an implicit reciprocal so you really
should pass the resolution; ol3 works with resolutions so this should be
fairly straightforward (i.e. no need for getScaleFromResolution or
getResolutionFromScale functions)
- the MapGuide HTTP API seems to be functionally similar to WMS, please
look at the WMS code (in src/ol/source/*wmssource.js) for inspiration!
- in ol3, tiled sources (like WMTS, tiled WMS, OSM, etc.) inherit from a
different base class to image sources (e.g. single image WMS). This means
that whereas as in OL2 you'd write singleTile = true/false in ol3 you'd use
different classes (that can still share common code)

Hope this helps for a starter,
Tom

--
Camptocamp SA