[OpenLayers-Dev] no 'addcontrol' event?

Alexandre Dubé adube at mapgears.com
Thu May 23 07:32:23 PDT 2013

Hi Jachym,

   If you extend the Map object, you could create your own event or do
whatever you want in the addControl method directly:

MyMap = OpenLayers.Class(OpenLayers.Map, {
     addControl: function(control, px) {
         OpenLayers.Map.prototype.addControl.apply(this, arguments);

         // do whatever you want here
         // you could trigger a custom event, for example
     }
});

and use :

var map = new MyMap(/* your config*/);

HTH,

Alexandre

On 13-05-23 09:34 AM, Jachym Cepicky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> looking at the documentation and into Map.js, it seems, there is
> 'addcontrol' event fired, when new OL.Control arrives to map.
>

> I know, it's little bit late for the next release, but it might be nice
> feature to have, relatively fast to implement - any idea?
>
> Jachym

Alexandre Dubé
Mapgears
www.mapgears.com