[OpenLayers-Dev] Plot features onto multiple layers from one HTTP request

khanh703 khanh at whitecanvasgroup.com
Wed Jun 4 07:50:02 PDT 2014

I would like to plot features onto multiple layers from one HTTP request ie
(Burgers, Hot Dogs, etc...)

I can achieve what I want by making multiple request but would rather make
one request.

How can I achieve plotting on different layers:
1. Change the protocol attributes to read from local ARRAY and do a while
loop
or
2. Change my FeatureCollection structure

This below works but all features are plotted on the same layer:
markers = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector(thisLayer, {
            preFeatureInsert: preFeatureInsert,
            strategies: [
                new OpenLayers.Strategy.Fixed(),
                new OpenLayers.Strategy.Cluster({
                    distance: 20
                })
            ],
            protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.HTTP({
                url: protocolUrl,
                format: protocolFormat
            }),
            projection: MapProj,