[OpenLayers-Dev] WMS layer displayed but not WFS layer

Pierre Marcel Anselme Lacroix Pierre.Lacroix at unige.ch
Wed Mar 19 07:28:46 PDT 2014

Hi,
I have installed Geoserver on my local computer. I cannot display a WFS layer while the WMS is displaying. What am I doing wrong?

The following WMS is shown on the map:
WMS_Layer = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS( "WMS Layer",
"http://localhost:8080/geoserver/wms",
{layers: 'topp:tasmania_roads', transparent: 'true'}, {opacity: .2});

The following WFS is not shown whereas it is the same layer as the WMS:
WFS_Layer = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("WFS Layer", {
    strategies: [new OpenLayers.Strategy.BBOX()],
    protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS({
        url:"http://localhost:8080/geoserver/wfs",
        featureType: "tasmania_roads",
        featureNS: "http://www.openplans.org/topp"
        })
    });

Thanks for your reply.

---------
With best regards - Avec mes meilleures salutations,
Pierre Lacroix, PhD.
Scientific Collaborator - University of Geneva - Pole in Environmental Sciences
GIS Analyst - United Nations Environment Programme - UNEP/DEWA/GRID-Geneva
http://www.unige.ch/envirospace