[OpenLayers-Dev] GSoC 2016 - OL3-Google-Maps library

Samuel Lapointe samuellapointe at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 15:15:57 PST 2016

Hello all! I'm applying on this year's edition of Google Summer of Code, so
I thought I could introduce myself here.

For those who've never heard of it, Google Summer of Code (GSoC in short)
is a program where students are financed by Google to participate in
various open source projects during the summer. I participated last year
and it was a great experience, so I'm applying to be a part of it again
this year.

The project I want to work on is the OpenLayers - Google Maps integration
library. Its main objective is to let the user add a Google Maps basemap to
an OpenLayers map, while keeping the OL features synchronised with the
basemap. You can find the project on Github by following this link
<https://github.com/mapgears/ol3-google-maps>, and a blog post detailing
the objectives of the library here
<http://www.mapgears.com/en/blog/archive/2015-10-23-ol3-google-maps>.

I am already in contact with the leader of the project, but I hope I can
get input from the OpenLayers community as well on the possible objectives
for this summer.

Have a nice day!