[OpenLayers-Trac] Re: [OpenLayers] #3262: OpenLayers Event objects in Firefox have unstable 'getPreventDefault' methods.

OpenLayers trac-20090302 at openlayers.org
Tue Apr 26 10:56:16 EDT 2011

#3262: OpenLayers Event objects in Firefox have unstable 'getPreventDefault'
methods.
  Reporter:  mgleahy        |       Owner:
      Type:  feature        |      Status:  reopened
 Component:  Handler.Click  |     Version:  2.10
Resolution:                 |    Keywords:
     State:                 |

Comment(by erilem):

 Replying to [comment:5 mgleahy]:
 > Thanks - that definitely clarifies things.
 >
 > With that in mind, would it not then make sense to delete properties
 that do not apply to the cloned object, or replace them with empty
 functions?  Maybe it's trivial and/or inappropriate, but my thinking
 behind this is that if the functions don't do anything, then their mere
 presence as properties of the object is misleading to someone who's
 analyzing the code at runtime (e.g., in Chromium, I can log the event
 object to the console and see that it has the preventDefault function...my
 first thought would be that I can use this).

 Agreed. A patch that deletes {{{preventDefault}}} and
 {{{getPreventDefault}}} would be gladly appreciated.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/3262#comment:6>
OpenLayers <http://openlayers.org/>