[OpenLayers-Trac] [OpenLayers] #3303: OpenLayers map freezes when it is used beside an applet.(IE+OpenLayers+JavaApplet)

OpenLayers trac-20090302 at openlayers.org
Wed May 18 07:46:34 EDT 2011

#3303: OpenLayers map freezes when it is used beside an
applet.(IE+OpenLayers+JavaApplet)
 Reporter:  zolinko  |       Owner:
     Type:  feature  |      Status:  new
 OpenLayers map freezes when it is used beside an applet on a single html
 page.

 Operating system: WindowsXPsp3;
 Browser: Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702;
 JDK: 1.6.0_24;
 OpenLayers: OpenLayers 2.10 -- Revision: 2330

 I created a video for this problematic case:
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H0k6zdzD54

 On the top there is a black box: a very simple java applet (with no events
 or anything) and there is the OpenLayers map on the bottom.
 When the applet isn't visible (scrolled out of the screen), there is no
 problem at all (the first part of the video).
 You can see, when the applet is visible (second part of the video) and
 there is an action (for example a draw) on the map, the maps hangs, when
 the mouse is over the map area. When I move the mouse out of the map, it
 continues to do the work, when I pull it back over, it hangs again.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/3303>
OpenLayers <http://openlayers.org/>