[OpenLayers-Trac] Re: [OpenLayers] #3311: Geometry.LinearRing: Problems with some geometries with addComponents and clone methods.

OpenLayers trac-20090302 at openlayers.org
Thu May 26 12:19:43 EDT 2011

#3311: Geometry.LinearRing: Problems with some geometries with addComponents and
clone methods.
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  jorix                |       Owner:  tschaub
     Type:  bug                  |      Status:  new

Comment(by jorix):

 Replying to [comment:4 erilem]:
 > The polygons provided in the description and in the tests aren't valid.
 They self-intersect. See <http://workshops.opengeo.org/postgis-
 intro/validity.html#section-20-validity>.

 > I'm not quite sure your bug report is still valid for valid geometries.
 If so, it would be good to have a use case. Thanks.

 OK, I understand. Is an invalid geometry!

 If the geometry is not valid is understandable that can not be add, as
 does OpenJump. But is not understood that stores an invalid geometry and
 which are missing some points.

 Also, this geometry {{{POLYGON((-40 -20, -20 -40, 0 0, 40 -20, 20 -40, 0 0
 -40 -20))}}}
 is successfully loaded. But is also invalid.

 {{{clone}}} method also fails. JS code can be generate invalid geometries
 (self-intersect rings) and {{{clone}}} them lose points. This is also my
 concern.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/3311#comment:5>
OpenLayers <http://openlayers.org/>