[OpenLayers-Trac] Re: [OpenLayers] #3499: OpenLayers Custom Build _getScriptLocation not working properly

OpenLayers trac-20090302 at openlayers.org
Tue Sep 13 10:53:32 EDT 2011

#3499: OpenLayers Custom Build _getScriptLocation not working properly
----------------------------------------------------------------------+-----
 Reporter:  ckreuzbe                                                  |       Owner:
     Type:  bug                                                       |      Status:  new

Comment(by jorix):

 I think this is not a bug (is a feature), this is normal behavior. The
 name should only be {{{OpenLayers.js}}}.

  In my case I have the same problem, since I have several compilations:
 lite and custom.

 To change the behavior just add after:
 {{{
 <script src="/Your-location-for-OpenLayers/OpenLayers-mainMap.js"
 type="text/javascript"></script>
 }}}
 this line:
 {{{
 <script>
 OpenLayers._getScriptLocation = function(){return "/Your-location-for-
 OpenLayers/"};
 </script>
 }}}
 But this is not a "medicine" supported by the APIs. It would be nice to be
 so!

 > c) give the user a way to specify the actual javascript filename in the
 source code (e.g. !OpenLayers.ScriptFileName='!OpenLayers-mainMap.js'; ),
 and, if possible, include this in the python build script so it sets the
 default value according to the output-file-name option of build.py.

 instead of {{{OpenLayers.ScriptFileName='OpenLayers-mainMap.js';}}} I
 like:
 {{{
 OpenLayers.setScriptLocation="/Your-location-for-OpenLayers/";
 }}}

 ----

 NOTE: I'm not a member of the team OpenLayers.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/3499#comment:2>
OpenLayers <http://openlayers.org/>