[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayers with Rico and Prototype

Jim Freeby jfreeby at globexplorer.com
Thu Dec 7 18:38:25 EST 2006

As of version 2.2, OpenLayers cannot be used with Rico and Prototype on the same page.  The object "Rico" is declared in both rico.js and OpenLayer's Rico\Corner.js.

Additionally, there are issues related to the function "unloadCache" found in both OpenLayers\Events.js and prototype.js, where the code attempts to remove event listeners twice, resulting in null pointer exceptions.

Are there plans to update OpenLayers so that it can be used with Rico/Prototype?

For the short term, I made customizations to OpenLayers\Events.js and Rico\Corner.js to avoid the above conflicts.

If I am sending to the wrong list, please let me know where I should post.

Thanks for any help.

Jim