[OpenLayers-Users] Initial question: Cannot display controls

Marco Zühlke Marco.Zuehlke at brockmann-consult.de
Mon Dec 11 14:04:42 EST 2006

Xiaopeng Xiong wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I just tried the live demo at
> http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/click.html. It works fine.
> So I copied the exact source code into my own html file. But none control
> is displayed well. You can check my html at
> http://www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/xxiong/OpenLayers/clicks.html
>
> Did I miss anything here?

Hello,

you copied over only the Javascript file from the Openlayers server. The
destination of the images relates to location of the Javascript file. You
have two possibilities:
-  You can directly reference the Javascript on the Openlayer server, by
pointing to http://openlayers.org/api/2.2/OpenLayers.js
- Download the distribution and install parallel to the 'lib' directory also
the 'theme' and the 'img' directory.

This should fix your problem.

> My another question is that what are the event names for mouse pressing,
> dragging and releasing?

Have a look at:
http://trac.openlayers.org/browser/trunk/openlayers/lib/OpenLayers/Events.js#L123

Regards,