[OpenLayers-Users] show waitimage for overlays

Jon Blower jdb at mail.nerc-essc.ac.uk
Fri Dec 22 15:38:13 EST 2006

Hi all,

> Nope. OpenLayers does not currently track the number of outstanding
> image requests, so there is no way to know when all the images have
> loaded.

Just to say I'd also find it really useful if this could be added in a
future release.  Something for the Christmas list maybe!

Regards, Jon

On 12/22/06, Christopher Schmidt <crschmidt at metacarta.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 22, 2006 at 05:02:12PM +0100, Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > setting a background url for the OpenLayers' div shows an animated gif
> > (waitimage) until the base layer is loaded, but it does not show the
> > waitimage when overlays are loading.
> >
> > So I am showing a waitimage in a div, and I want to remove it when all the
> > overlays finish loading. Is there an event I can hook into which gives me an
> > idea when the overlays finish loading?
>
> Nope. OpenLayers does not currently track the number of outstanding
> image requests, so there is no way to know when all the images have
> loaded.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Christopher Schmidt
> MetaCarta

Dr Jon Blower              Tel: +44 118 378 5213 (direct line)
Technical Director         Tel: +44 118 378 8741 (ESSC)
Reading e-Science Centre   Fax: +44 118 378 6413
ESSC                       Email: jdb at mail.nerc-essc.ac.uk
University of Reading
3 Earley Gate
Reading RG6 6AL, UK