[OpenLayers-Users] sliding pan: howto

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Mon Nov 27 12:59:33 EST 2006

On Mon, Nov 27, 2006 at 05:12:50PM -0000, Duarte Carreira wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> We would like to have a wms layer panning like google or multimap, where
> the map scrolls smoothly and not in a single discrete step.
> We can see on OL that certain layers implement this type of pan (see
> Multimap example: http://www.openlayers.org/dev/examples/mm.html). How
> can we apply this to wms layers?

The only layers which implement this functionality at the moment are commercial
layers which make it available via their API. Adding this functionality
to OpenLayers is a long-standing feature request
(http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/110), but no work has yet been done
on it, and no work is yet scheduled on it.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta