[OpenLayers-Users] Preventing sliced lines in edges of tiles in Openlayers.Layer.WMS.

Rupert de Guzman Jr rupert at mapcentral.ph
Tue Apr 17 01:15:02 EDT 2007

Hello List,

We are currently using Openlayers.Layer.WMS as shown below..
http://222.128.19.19/sample.png

layerObj[0] = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS(
 			"basemap_new",
 			"http://192.168.1.210/cgi-bin/mapserv",
 			{	map: '/home/map/beijing/new/wms.map',
 				layers:
				 'district,greens,major_river,minor_river',
 				format: 'png24', 'transparent': 'false'
 			},
 			{
				'numZoomLevels': 20
			}
		);

1. Is there any way to prevent the lines being sliced off in
the edges?
Check out the red ovals in the screenshot... My current
workaround is using untiled which is quite slow OR using ka-map.

2. Duplicate labels. Check out the blue ovals in the screenshot...
Again ka-map can also weed out this problem, but Im wondering
if there are any alternative solutions out there...

Thanks in Advance...

Rupert from Beijing