[OpenLayers-Users] Question:How to refresh the map by my own javascript?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Apr 23 04:54:06 EDT 2007

Hi,

don't know what the preferred way is, but if it is a WMS layer, you
could do:

mylayer.mergeNewParams({'foo': Math.random()});

that will cause OL to request a new map-image (and in case your
layer-data has changed, als changes the url so you will not get the same
url from your browser cache).

Richard Duivenvoorde