[OpenLayers-Users] accessibility

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) bartvde at osgis.nl
Mon Apr 23 09:14:54 EDT 2007

Hi list,

I have an "interesting" problem to which hopefully someone knows a
solution/workaround.

In The Netherlands, one of the requirement for a totally accessible
government website is, to not use javascript. Or when javascript really
needs to used, to provide a non-javascript functional replacement requiring
no plugins. An example of such an alternative is for instance HTML
imagemaps. This is mostly because browsers used by visually disabled people
are supposed to lack javascript support.

Does anybody have ideas on how to do this? I was looking at Phobos
(https://phobos.dev.java.net/) to see if the HTML could be generated
server-side, so that at least the maps are displayed (but not yet fully
functional) if there is no javascript support in the browser used.

Hope to hear some ideas on this puzzle. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Bart

--
Bart van den Eijnden