[OpenLayers-Users] force layer refresh

Adam Eskreis aeskreis at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 20:08:17 EDT 2007

I am currently working with a thematic map that is generated through PostGIS
data.  What I want to be able to do is display it in openlayers, and also
allow users to change the values of specific properties on the fly.  My code
updates the PostGIS database fine, but the problem is that i also want it to
refresh the layer to match the theme.  I was able to do this using the "new
parameters" trick, however, it only works when I have the "force:1"
parameter.  This makes it incredibly slow.  I want the color change to seem
instant to the user, but as it is, it takes around 10 seconds for the
refreshed layer to load.  any suggestions/alternatives?

btw, i am running ms4w with kamap as my base

-Adam