[OpenLayers-Users] Print and Save Maps images

el* eleanor at rhcda.com
Thu Aug 23 09:36:55 EDT 2007

I have been struggling a lot with printing (with or without legends, etc),
so, although I am definitely not an OpenLayers expert, I expect I know the
answer to your question.

Basically, to print the map you see on the screen, you need to gather the
bounds of the map you are looking at (map.getextent), gather the information
about which layers are turned on (map.layers.getvisibility), and then pass a
new request to your server (geoserver, mapserver) asking for a PDF or jpeg
or whatever.

--Eleanor