[OpenLayers-Users] Tooltips for Editing Tools

Jeff Dege jdege at korterra.com
Mon Aug 27 12:02:51 EDT 2007

On Monday, August 27, 2007 2:37 AM, Pierre GIRAUD wrote:

> On 8/27/07, Chris Hardin <chrislhardin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Anyone know how to get tooltip hoovers for the Editing tools??
>
> This has already been discussed and it will probably be implemented
> but not untill the 2.6 release.
>
> http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/822
>
> If you're interested in contributing don't hesitate.

What should work is adding the title attribute to the panel_div,
recognizing that the panel_div doesn't exist until after the control is
added to the panel:

   var nav = new OpenLayers.Control.Navigation();
   var panel = new OpenLayers.Control.Panel({defaultControl: nav});
   panel.addControls(nav);
   nav.panel_div.title = 'Pan Map';

Except that this doesn't seem to work for me in FireFox.