[OpenLayers-Users] #879: Zoom Box Offset on Specific Map

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Tue Aug 28 08:09:13 EDT 2007

Approximately 4 weeks ago, a bug was filed on behalf of Barend K., based
on misbehavior in mouseposition in
http://geoserver.itc.nl/melkakunture/expert/site.asp?site=Garba+IVD .

It seems at this time that the behavior has been worked around... that's
great, but unfortunately, it makes it hard to debug :)

The specific behavior here was unusual in that it:
 * Happened every time the page was loaded. (no 'reload and it goes
   away')
 * Was offset by a large amount (~200px, iirc)

If anyone else is experiencing this problem -- that is, a specific page
generates incorrect zoombox extents, more than 50px from the mouse
position every time the map is loaded, could they comment to the bug?

For now, sinec the specific problem seems to be worked around, I'm going
to move this to the 2.6 release. If someone can create a reproducible
example of this, then we can investigate further why it's happening and
hopefully fix it sooner.

Thank you.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta