[OpenLayers-Users] GeoRSS line support / KML Styling

mike mike at bristolbeat.co.uk
Wed Aug 29 08:43:50 EDT 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: mike <mike at bristolbeat.co.uk>
Date: 29 Aug 2007 13:39
Subject: GeoRSS line support
To: users at openlayers.org

It seems that there is some support for georss:line but I am unable to find
a working example.  It also seems a contradiction since GeoRSS appears to be
a Marker layer, not a Vector layer.

I have LineString working correctly via a KML layer, and Markers working via
a GeoRSS layer.  The only real problem with this is the need to produce two
different formatted feeds which seems to overcomplicate the issue.

example (bus routes):
http://www.bristolbeat.co.uk/phpmap/openstreetmap3.html

I would also like to see if it's possible to read style information from the
KML file instead of hard coding, as I have done at present.  Has anyone
considered / implemented this as an option?

Thanks for any assistance,

mike