[OpenLayers-Users] WMS & ImageMap

meinc meinc at web.de
Thu Aug 30 05:33:38 EDT 2007

Hello Curtis,

I have the same problem and would like to know in which way you proceed.
I have tested HTML image maps which 3000 points and that works fine
(IE6/7,FF2)
My problems are:
 (1) I don't know how to translate the coordinates to pixels, e.g.
coordinates returned in GML to fit to the corresponding WMS image
 (2) where to perform the HTML image map generation, i.e. on the server side
as a service or
      on the client side with JavaScript. First choice seems to be the
preferable since it avoids the transport of GML over the net and extra
parsing.

Any comments are welcome.

Thanks
Bob