[OpenLayers-Users] mapserver layer image type

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 15:43:29 EST 2007

On Dec 2, 2007 1:36 PM, Gregor Mosheh <gregor at hostgis.com> wrote:
> Richard Greenwood wrote:
> > Is it possible to set a mapserver layer image type to jpeg?
>
> Boy, this has come up a few times in the last few days! Mapserver
> *layers* don't have an image type. Mapserver's output image has a image
> type. And yes, that can indeed be JPEG.
>
> Set the IMAGETYPE to jpeg and, if desired, create a OUTPUTFORMAT block
> with any JPEG settings such as image quality.

I'm not referring to the map file, I'm talking about doing it in
Openlayers. MapServer.js has :
   map_imagetype: "png"
which gets put into the image request url AFTER my {layers:
"LayerName", map_imagetype: "jprg"} thus over riding my attempt to set
the image type.

I changed the image type definition on MapServer.js, but then I get
nothing, presumably because Openlayers is expecting a PNG.

Rich

--
Richard Greenwood
richard.greenwood at gmail.com