[OpenLayers-Users] Exception Error

R. Ortner reinhard.ortner at edu.fh-kaernten.ac.at
Mon Dec 3 08:58:38 EST 2007

need some configuration help please!

i copied the proxy.cgi in my cgi-bin dir. and put the

< OpenLayers.ProxyHost = "/cgi-bin/proxy.cgi?url="; >

into my httpd.conf from my appache webserver.
(the url= is the url which i like to call with my applicatoin (e.g.
http://gis.at/com.esri.wms.Esrimap/geoland2), i guess or the url to the
proxy.cgi? (e.g.   http://172.xx.xx.xx/cgi-bin/proxy.cgi))

when i now restart the appache webserver i get the following message:
     Invalid command 'OpenLayers.ProxyHost', perhaps mis-spelled or defined
by a module not included in the server configuration

when i trie to call the proxy.cgi with
http://172.xx.xx.xx/cgi-bin/proxy.cgi:

       Internal Server Error

unable to complete your request.

       Please contact the server administrator, [no address given] and
inform them of the time the error
       occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the
error.

    More information about this error may be available in the server error
log.