[OpenLayers-Users] My TileCache layer is off by scale and location

Markus Spring m.spring at gmx.de
Thu Dec 6 15:14:46 EST 2007

Hi list,

my 2nd openlayers project tries to make use of TileCache for the background
layer (in the 1st I used KaMaps), but now I have a problem:

http://gis.sisby.de/OLmaps/ngewerbegebiete

my tilecache layer is in the wrong place and gets displayed in the wrong scale

I use everywhere the same epsg code (31468) and my tilecache configuration looks
as follows:

[full_background]
type=WMSLayer
url=http://10.215.155.20/wms/background1
layers=l8
srs=epsg:31468
extension=png
bbox=4197472,5161566,4681266,5665484

and OpenLayers definition here:

 map = new OpenLayers.Map( $('map'),
 { controls: [
 new OpenLayers.Control.PanWorldZoomBar(100),
 new OpenLayers.Control.MouseDefaults(),
 new OpenLayers.Control.MousePositionInteger,
 new OpenLayers.Control.ScaleUnrounded,
 new OpenLayers.Control.Permalink,
 new OpenLayers.Control.LayerSwitcher
 ],
 units: 'm',
 projection: 'epsg:31468',
 maxResolution: 'auto',
 maxExtent: new OpenLayers.Bounds( 4451199, 5323918,
 4480829, 5346732 ),
 scales: [ 2000000,1500000,1000000,750000,500000,250000,
 150000,100000,75000,50000,25000,15000,
 10000,7500,5000,2500,1000 ],
 minScale: 2000000,
 maxScale: 2500
 } );

 var fullbackground = new OpenLayers.Layer.TileCache
 ( 'Hintergrund mit TopKarte',
 ['http://gis.sisby.de/tilecache/tilecache.cgi/1.0.0/'],
 "full_background",
 { format: 'image/png',
 projection: 'epsg:31468',
 isBaseLayer: true
 }
 );

When I try an old KaMaps layer, it falls in the right place.

What's wrong?

Best - Markus