[OpenLayers-Users] scale dependent layers

Eric Lemoine eric.c2c at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 15:00:53 EST 2007

On Dec 7, 2007 3:53 PM, Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) <bartvde at osgis.nl> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I am trying to make one of my WMS layers scale dependent (only visible
> between 0 and 1:25000, units: m), but I cannot get it done.
>
> My map is constructed with an array of scales and a maxExtent.
>
> On my layer I use minScale 25000 and maxScale 0.
>
> But since the code in InitResolutions of Layer.js falls back on the map
> object, the Layer's scales array will be set using the Map's scales array,
> and the code for minScale and maxScale will never be reached.

When I look at the code, I see the opposite. minScale, maxScale and
friends are taken from the map object *only* if they're not specified
at the layer level.

<http://trac.openlayers.org/browser/trunk/openlayers/lib/OpenLayers/Layer.js#L411>
<http://trac.openlayers.org/browser/trunk/openlayers/lib/OpenLayers/Layer.js#L604>

Am I missing something here?