[OpenLayers-Users] ZoomTo Object

R. Ortner reinhard.ortner at edu.fh-kaernten.ac.at
Wed Dec 12 07:52:37 EST 2007

Hi,

I made a Query on an ka-map layer and the result is the information from my
database + a zoomTo button like in ka-map.

Now I´d like to take this zoomTo to zoom to the queryobjekt.
My problem is now, when I click on the zoomTo from the query, something from
an map_query_float.php is called (in the php its: // ZOOM TO EXTENT
.... onClick=\"myKaMap.zoomToExtents($xmin,$ymin,$xmax,$ymax)\">

Bugzilla tell me: myKaMap is not defined; thats totally understandabel
because OL can´t know what
myKaMap.zoomToExtents(474182.64,181693.73,474182.64,181693.73) (= from
bugzilla the html onclick event) is...

The question is, how can I intercept the original request and replace it
with a command OL understand to zoom to the "object of desire"?
(the less-than-ideal solution could also be to change the php command, but
actually I don´t know how respectively what command I need in the php file
to tell OL what to do)