[OpenLayers-Users] conversion of geoserver request from wms to wfs

Tara tara_athan at alt2is.com
Wed Dec 12 20:32:43 EST 2007

I have created a test geoserver datastore (PostGIS) which seems to be working
correctly as a wms layer (although I set it up as wfs?).
I copied the openlayers script from the geoserver demo to here:
http://alt2is.com/pages_html/openlayers/occurrences_wms.html

But I really want to use it as a wfs layer over a basemap, so I tried to
tweak the map that was working,
using the wfs example from the openlayers/example page. That's here:
http://alt2is.com/pages_html/openlayers/occurrences_wfs.html
I get only the baselayer, not the overlay.
Firebug says "the bounds has no properties".
To explore that error further, I took out the wfs request altogether, here:
http://alt2is.com/pages_html/openlayers/google_potter.html
and the "the bounds has no properties" is still appearing.
But the map is displaying the correct bounds...

I am really confused now.

Thanks for any help you can give me...
Tara