[OpenLayers-Users] WMS Layer Request Problems

Bradley McLain bradley_mclain at debortoliwines.com
Mon Dec 17 01:00:37 EST 2007

I have read the page and done some testing. I used just a single Google
layer and the WMS definition from the OL examples to do some testing.

Observations:

Attempting to load Google as base, WMS as overlay:

   - I do not get pink tiles, instead the Google layer seems to partially
   load but does not show up correctly
   - The layer switcher which I have defined at the end of my JS does not
   show up
   - I cannot seem to get an image URL the option is not given? It will
   only let me save/view my html document

Commenting out map.addLayer(layer):

   - Correct me if i'm wrong but providing a layer is defined correctly,
   this should not affect the loading of the page, in fact it should fix the
   page if that layer is having problems
   - Result is the same as the above condition

Commenting out WMS layer definition:

   - If I comment out this the page is fixed and the Google layer loads
   correctly
   - This leads me to believe that it is a javascript error? but I used
   both my original definition, (which worked correctly before under Fedora 7)
   and the OpenLayers examples to test with and both are giving the same error.
   - Other possible issues is that I primarily used OL 2.4 before but I
   swear that it worked under 2.5 but I may be wrong.

Adding in Mapserver layer:

   - Calling a Mapserver layer works quite fine (which is what I'm using
   as my WMS)

Cheers

Brad