[OpenLayers-Users] Square miles from Square degrees?

cmose cjmose at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 13:31:00 EST 2007

Hmnn after giving this a go I seem to be getting wildly inaccurate results,
at least I believe I am. For instance, I used a polygon over an area I know
to be roughly 400k square kilometers. Using the getArea on the polygon
(after converting points to sphericalmercator) I'm getting a result of
748,912,714 sq. km...

Anyone have any pointers or ideas of where I might be going wrong here?
Thanks!