[OpenLayers-Users] Proxy settings again

Thomas Rokkjaer thomas.rokkjaer at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 04:46:54 EST 2007

Hi

I (also) need some guidance in setting up my webserver (Tomcat 6.0.14) to be
used as a proxy.
When using the getfeatureinfo.html example (installed on localhost - WIN XP
SP2) as a base for my page, I get the "Unhandled request return
/dev/examples/proxy.cgi". I understand this is because the mentioned folders
does not exist. But changing the OpenLayers.ProxyHost to point to an actual
proxy.cgi results in the file being displayed in the div tag for the
featureInfo.

Running a Tomcat on WinXP where should the proxy.cgi be placed in order to
be used correctly (the equivalent of /usr/lib/cgi-bin/)?

How should the first line in the proxy.cgi (#!/usr/bin/env python
) look like, when bearing in mind it is Windows?

Is it necessary to make some kind of setup of proxy on the Tomcat server
(perhaps configuring the web.xml file)?

Something else is confusing me. In the Apache Tomcat documentation there is
mentioned a cgiPath to WEB-INF/cgi. This path I can´t find when installing
OpenLayers 2.5. Maybe this is not necessary?

Sorry for all my ignorance. This is pretty new to me.

/Thomas