[OpenLayers-Users] Difference between OpenLayers and Map Builder

Adair, Mike adair at NRCan.gc.ca
Fri Feb 2 09:47:54 EST 2007

Reposting this because my first attempt bounced.

Mike

________________________________

	From: Adair, Mike
	Sent: February 2, 2007 9:24 AM
	To: 'Robert Buzink'; suneel kota
	Cc: users at openlayers.org
	Subject: RE: [OpenLayers-Users] Difference between OpenLayers
and Map Builder

	I should point out that Robert is describing the "other"
Mapbuilder project at http://www.mapbuilder.net/.

	Community Mapbuilder
(http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAP/Home/) is an AJAX web mapping
client that uses standards-based web mapping services, but can also
consume Google maps, and many other web services (i.e. not just image
services: WFS, GeoRSS, catalog, WPS, etc.).  Much of it depends on
reading and manipulating XML documents in the client.  We are working to
integrate and re-use OL map rendering objects within MapBuilder, so
whatever map services OL will support, we would support as well.

	Mike