[OpenLayers-Users] MouseToolbar to exist outside the map?

Lance Dyas lancelot at inetnebr.com
Tue Feb 6 05:45:40 EST 2007

Christopher Schmidt wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 03, 2007 at 08:10:22AM -0600, Lance Dyas wrote:
>
>> The Overview map can already do this I need the MouseToolbar to do it?
>> Any ideas on how to go about it? I was looking at the code in OverviewMap.js
>> and not seeing anything obvious.
>>

> Should be able to follow the same technique as for the OverviewMap:
> pass in a 'div' option to the control with the div set to an HTML
> element in which you want the control placed. I haven't tested it, so if
> you have problems with that, please feel free to report them to the
> mailing list or as tickets.
>
> Regards,

currently this is broken for MouseToolbar.

I was able to make this work but only after noteable hijinx...
at some point the position object get's incorrectly set to
equal the "div" element.

Some of the problem was in initialize for MouseToolbar.

I will get back to you on details,as  I fixed it at work
 in the TNTmap widget and code which works in Safari
well doesnt always play nice in other arenas