[OpenLayers-Users] map initialize() question

Anselm Hook anselm at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 19:44:58 EST 2007

I have a question regarding openlayers/lib/OpenLayers/Map.js / initialize() {}

It has a line like follows:

        this.layerContainerDiv.style.zIndex=this.Z_INDEX_BASE['Popup']-1;

And I'm wondering if I can comment it out or say change the zIndex to
a bigger number or something.  This line seems to occlude another
layer that I am adding (a canvas layer that is no longer officially
supported but presumably this issue would affect any other layer?).

It seems to work if I just comment it out...  just wanted to know if
there were any other concerns.

My impression is that it is trying to make sure the entire map layer
is behind some kind of popup layer.  Popups do actually work for me
under FireFox (I do know that this line may have something to do with
Internet Explorer due to bugs cited in svn).

 - a