[OpenLayers-Users] Problem with markers performence

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Mon Jan 8 07:36:11 EST 2007

On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 05:23:12PM +0530, suneel kota wrote:
> Hi Christopher, Thanks for ur reply..
>
> please check my code which i am using ajax to display the markers..

Which browser are you using to display the markers? As I said, IE
performance at this scale is expected to be slow. Additionally, it looks
like you may be parsing these markers out of XML: if so, you might find
that this is actually where the slow behavior comes from, again,
depending on your browser. DOM Manipulation can be expensive, and I
wouldn't be surprised if this is what takes the time that you're seeing.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta