[OpenLayers-Users] Canvas IE

Frederico Lucca fredlucca at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 12:43:05 EST 2007

Aitor,

I'm using OL 2.3 rc1 with a canvas for IE, made by google.
You can download from http://sourceforge.net/projects/excanvas/
Include excanvas in your code and add a canvas tag.
<canvas id="test" width="580" height="362" style="display:none"></canvas>
On lib\OpenLayers\Layer\Canvas.js I have changed the initialize for this:

    initialize: function(name, options) {
        OpenLayers.Layer.prototype.initialize.apply(this, arguments);

        if (navigator.appName.indexOf("Microsoft")>-1)
        {
            this.canvas = document.getElementById('test');
            this.canvas.style.display="";
            this.div.appendChild(this.canvas);
        }

    },

It works well for me.

Good luck.

Fred

On 1/11/07, Aitor Calero Garcia <aitor.calero at usm.es> wrote:

>  We are trying to use the canvas feature, but it does not work on IE.
> Searching we have found a previous post about this topic, suggesting to use
> a svn branch called "vector" wich work with IE. We have try it without
> success. Is there anyone with the same problem? Any suggestion will be very
> appreciated.

"Everything under the sun is in tune
But the sun is eclipsed by the moon"