[OpenLayers-Users] Bug in a alternative text for control icons

Yves Jacolin yjacolin at free.fr
Wed Jan 24 09:00:47 EST 2007

Le Mercredi 24 Janvier 2007 14:46, vous avez écrit :
> On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 02:34:22PM +0100, Yves Jacolin wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Controls icons in the map not seems to have alternative text for img html
> > tags. However, in the code I can read :
> >         btn.alt = title;
> > Does it means that it should be display the alt. text ?
>
> I believe that setting the alt attribute on an image should cause it to
> display in IE. We should also add the title attribute, which is what FF
> uses for hovers. Please feel free to file a ticket on this and a patch,
> if you're willing.
>
> Regards,
To be correct, the full code is (MouseToolbar.js:81) :
        btn.events = new OpenLayers.Events(this, btn, null, true);
        btn.events.register("mousedown", this, this.buttonDown);
        btn.events.register("mouseup", this, this.buttonUp);
        btn.events.register("dblclick", this, OpenLayers.Event.stop);
        btn.action = id;
        btn.title = title;
        btn.alt = title;
        btn.map = this.map;

So it should be working ! But it is not, with my own configuration. I may be
wrong ...

Thanks for your help !

Y.
--