[OpenLayers-Users] Changing Layers is doing some funny zooming

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu Jan 25 15:48:03 EST 2007

Hi all,

I'm posting for a developer that is building an application based on
OpenLayers. Unfortunately is not on a public IP. We have noticed a
strange problem, that I am hoping will be a know issue.

We have a ka-map tile cache preloaded with tiles in a geographic
projection. It works great with OpenLayers and the developer sends Kudos
for the clarity of the OL code and design.

We have created a Google account and added it to the layer switcher tab
so we can switch between ka-map tiles, Google maps and Google Satellite.

This works mostly ok! We can switch between the layers and we get tiles,
  BUT if we switch between ka-map tiles and Google we zoom out on the
switch. This does not happen if we switch between Google Maps and Google
Satellite.

I'm thinking this is some artifact of the fact that Google does not use
a geographic projection and ka-map does and that somehow we have not
configured the layers with the appropriate information so the OL can
adjust for these differences.

Anyone seen this before or know how to fix it?

Thanks,
   -Steve