[OpenLayers-Users] Highlight elements

Aitor Calero Garcia aitor.calero at usm.es
Mon Jan 29 10:19:49 EST 2007

> If you can provide an example WMS Image URL before and after, I can
> provide more specific information, but something like:
>
> layer.mergeNewParams({'queryfeature':'id', 'id':17})
>
> Should cause the layer to redraw itself with the tiles having
> &queryfeature=id&id=17 tacked on. See
>
> http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/wmst.html
>
> For example usage.
>
> If it's more complex than that, things might get more hairy, but it
> seems like it's probably possible to do what you want.

I have tried to use both Bart and Christopher examples, but neither
work. Trying to use Bart`s suggestion (SLD_BODY with mergeNewParams) do
not draw any highlighted element, and I am sure that my SLD is working,
because if I used it as a Layer Style, it renders ok.

The other suggestion (queryfeature) I don't understand very well how I
can use it. What does it mean 'queryfeature'? Is it a parameter or the
name of a field in my layer?