[OpenLayers-Users] Event publicity: geobrowsing tools in the environmental sciences, April 2-3, Cambridge, UK

Jon Blower jdb at mail.nerc-essc.ac.uk
Mon Jan 29 17:12:09 EST 2007

Hi OpenLayers users,

We are organising a two-day workshop on the use of geobrowsers (like Google
Earth) and geo-websites in the environmental sciences (
http://www.niees.ac.uk/events/GoogleEarth/index.shtml) on April 2-3 in
Cambridge, UK.  There will be presentations and tutorials on many of the
main technologies (e.g. Google Earth, NASA WorldWind, ArcGIS Explorer,
Google Maps) and we would very much like to have representation from the
OpenLayers community.  You are all of course welcome to attend (registration
will open in the next couple of days) but it would be especially good if one
or more of the OL development team could come and present material on the
capabilities of OpenLayers.  I believe OL could be of great importance to
the community because of its open source nature and its capability to
interface with many different data sources (mapservers, GeoRSS etc).

If anyone would like to attend, please let me know.  Alternatively, if
no-one is able to come and present in person, perhaps there are pre-baked
presentation and tutorial materials that I could present to the workshop on
behalf of the OL community?

Best wishes,
Jon

Dr Jon Blower              Tel: +44 118 378 5213 (direct line)
Technical Director         Tel: +44 118 378 8741 (ESSC)
Reading e-Science Centre   Fax: +44 118 378 6413
ESSC                       Email: jdb at mail.nerc-essc.ac.uk
University of Reading
3 Earley Gate
Reading RG6 6AL, UK