[OpenLayers-Users] Creating custom map API / openlayers with gtopo30

Guntur N. Sarwohadi gsarwohadi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 07:54:53 EST 2007

Hi list,

I'm currently trying to use openlayers with maps produce by a gtopo30
server. Currently gtopo30 doesn't have a map API like the rest (google,
yahoo, virtualearth, etc), so I either have to:

1. create my own map API for gtopo30 and follow the documentation for
creating YourOwnThirdPartyLayer
2. just use the rendered images produced by gtopo30 with any Layer 'module'
OpenLayers provide

I'm looking forward to do the second option, which I think is the quickest
to implement but stuck with all the code within.

So, is option #2 possible to do in OpenLayers? I've looked through
Layers.WMS, WFS, Ka-Map, which inherit Grid. Should I do the same?

If it's not possible, then what are the minimum requirements in creating a
custom map API?

It's obvious I'm pretty new in this map related topic, so I'm sorry with all
these n00b questions.

Thank you and best regards,
Guntur N. Sarwohadi