[OpenLayers-Users] Google Summer of Code ideas?

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri Mar 9 09:46:19 EST 2007

On Fri, Mar 09, 2007 at 09:13:51AM -0500, Adair, Mike wrote:
> How about OpenLayers packaged in a JSR-168 portlet?  Not too sure what's
> involved there but portlets seem to be getting popular.

Sounds like Java. I don't like Java :) More seriously, though, I don't
think any OpenLayers developer has enough Java knowledge to mentor
someone through building a Java anything.

Also, the very idea that java/Sun has a specified way of how to include
chunks in portals is kind of weird, no? Seems scary to me :)

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta