[OpenLayers-Users] Question about popup location and creating graphical popups

Keith kweber at archetypecorp.com
Fri Mar 9 16:29:17 EST 2007

Hello,

I've got 2 questions:

1)       I'm using an anchored popup (OpenLayers.Popup.Anchored) to display
data about features on a map.  Everything is working fine except the
location of the popup seems to be varied.  The windows are definitely tied
to the marker on the map, but it seems random what direction they popup in.
This usually changes depending on which layer.  Ideally, I'd like the popups
to appear to the southeast (with the northwest corner at the marker).  Does
this have something to do with the OFFSET attribute of the anchor used in
the constructor method?

2)       I'm going to be trying to spruce the popup window with graphics
(such as those seen in the SlippyMap example).  I'm having some trouble
getting this to work out right.  I can see the constructor contains a place
to set contentHTML.  Is it really necessary to write out the "bubble" div
right there?

If anybody out there has a javascript example of how to construct the
SlippyMap (or a similar graphical popup), I would be MOST grateful.

Thanks,

Keith Weber
Tech Support
Archetype, Inc.
205.443.6560 office
334.669.2522 mobile
kweber at archetypecorp.com

The information transmitted is the property of Archetype, Inc. and is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Statements and opinions expressed in this e-mail may not represent those of the company.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination and other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secured or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, received late or incomplete, or could contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any error or omission in the contents of this message, which arises as a result of e-mail transmission.