[OpenLayers-Users] Rico Accordion

Jon Blower jdb at mail.nerc-essc.ac.uk
Wed Mar 21 18:04:04 EDT 2007

Hi Lee,

If you want an example of a page with an OpenLayers map and a Rico
accordion, look at
http://lovejoy.nerc-essc.ac.uk:8080/ncWMS/godiva2.html.  Christopher
is right, you can just use Rico as if OL is not there, but you do need
a recent version of OL (I use 2.3) so that the namespaces work
correctly.

Just download rico.js and prototype.js and include them in your
headers along with the OpenLayers.js file:

    <head>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="js/OpenLayers-2.3.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="js/prototype-1.5.0.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="js/rico-1.1.0.js"></script>
    </head>

Hope this helps,
Jon

On 3/21/07, Christopher Schmidt <crschmidt at metacarta.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 21, 2007 at 03:30:47PM -0600, Lee Keel wrote:
> > I am trying to figure out the best way to incorporate the rest of the
> > Rico\Prototype java scripts into my open layers application.  Specifically I
> > am trying to add a Rico.Accordion to a page, but it is not in the
> > OpenLayers.Rico namespace.
>
> You should be able to add Rico as if OpenLayers did not use Rico at all.
> The point of including Rico in its own namespace inside of OpenLayers is
> to prevent conflicts. If you have problems using Rico due to conflicts
> with OpenLayers.Rico, please report them.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Christopher Schmidt
> MetaCarta

Dr Jon Blower              Tel: +44 118 378 5213 (direct line)
Technical Director         Tel: +44 118 378 8741 (ESSC)
Reading e-Science Centre   Fax: +44 118 378 6413
ESSC                       Email: jdb at mail.nerc-essc.ac.uk
University of Reading
3 Earley Gate
Reading RG6 6AL, UK