[OpenLayers-Users] easiest way to get collection of coordinates from drawn vectors

Mike Quentel mikequentel at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 27 17:41:45 EDT 2007

Using the drawing examples of the vector beta, I'm
creating an application that allows users to draw new
features on a map.  These new features will then be
submitted to a database, based on the coordinates of
the geometries drawn on the map.

I need an easy way to obtain the coordinates of the
drawings, whether they be done in IE or Firefox.

I had a look at the API and the FAQ, but I've not
figured out how to obtain the vertices of a polygon or
polyline; however, I see there is a getX, getY, and
toString set of functions for a point (Point.js).

Any advice on this, please.

Thanks.

Mike Quentel